View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 11:47 PM   #9
izzy_Britton

Re: LS1 Rear Main Seal leaking.

I have been having a similar issue with one of my trucks since the day i bought it a few months back. started like you say, leaving little quarter size drops, 2 of them. then progressively getting worse the more i drive it. now the entire underside of my truck is coated with oil and there is an outline of oil where i park.

where does it appear to be dripping from? mine started at the starter bolts, and after removing the starter while the truck was running i found that is does appear to be coming from the rear seal plate or one of the bolts or somewhere UP there. it is high enough that i cannot trace its exact location.

after someone vandalized my truck and broke into it and then purposely ran into it in my parking spot at home while i was sleeping, i now need to replace the radiator support, radiator, condenser, grille, lights, and hood. I just ordered all these parts from work today and figure i might just pull the engine to fix the leak while the entire front of my truck is blown apart. I do not relish the idea of fixing it on the ground on my back as you have mentioned.

please let me know more about your leak and if you get to your leak before i do i will be following along.

-Izzy

p.s. mine is 4x4 2500HD 6.0
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote