View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #127
SCOTI

Re: 1972 Medium Olive SWB Driver Build-“Chester”

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Its not a racetruck so hopefully I'll be fine
LoL…. Neither was the one I was driving. But, I still killed the trans in spectacular fashion just from leaning a little too hard on the go pedal.

Motor was a dyno'd 300hp/350. When we swapped it in place, there was a Gentleman's Agreement that there would be ZERO clutch dumps & ZERO 1/2 hard shifts. I did neither. I did a normal 1/2 shift w/the rpms about like what you'd expect getting on the highway. While in 2nd, I leaned on the pedal a little harder than probably required to merge & BOOM. What a mess it made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
It's a '91 5.0/5-spd w/75k miles. Car was basically stock when I bought it. Currently its got full exhaust, 17" Ponies, and full Ridetech suspension. I have 3.73s and a tubular GT40 intake for it. I've got a few other plans for it as well.
Good lookin car & the upgrades sound nice!

I had a 93 SSP car from Austin TX. 100k miles, White/Red, 5spd, manual locks/window car w/too many holes to count in the dash/console. I lowered it, did a 5-lug conversion, Bigs & Littles, shorties + Hooker 2.5" H-pipe off-road exhaust, CAI, UD pulleys, & interior re-fresh (dash repair, console replacement, seat inserts, carpet cleaned, headliner, map pockets deleted, & flush package tray w/speakers mounted under the package tray deck).

Fun little cars for DD stuff around town. The Hooker exhaust was set up perfectly w/a slip fit assembly just after it passed over the rear end. I had the OE style LX straight tip look in 2.5" pipe & a 2nd set-up we made that was the 2.5" tubing into a SS 3" short tip that you could barely see on either side of the gas tank. It freakin' sounded wicked w/those 3" stubby dumps. The howl that came during the 1/2/3 3500rpm shfts was bliss. All in such a sedate everyday reliable ride.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote