View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #1554
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: A '54 named Busty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
i've seen welded pitman arms on offroad race rigs take a BEATING and never have an issue ... i've seen ppl break em with a hammer installing them too. cheap insurance to get a new one!
Interesting, I can see that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6DoF View Post
also agree on the matchy matchy TREs, at least it was local and not mail-order.
Well took the mismatched tie rod ends to NAPA and got the same counter guy, and showed them to him and he goes WTH totally agreed with me and pulled down another set, this time the new parts came down in two different boxes one yellow and fancy with logos the other in a plain white box (both of mine were in plain white boxes) however when we opened them up they looked mismatched just like mine, and the parts numbers are the same

here is another kicker though, both of the TREs come with Zirc fittings yet only one of them has a hole to screw it in, the other is the "zero" maintenance kind

NAPA Right Front - Tie Rod End Inner - $15.74 Part #ES443L why is this an "L" even the NAPA guy was confused

NAPA Left Front - Tie Rod End Inner - $16.64 Part #ES442L

I don't know what I'm going to do now, I may just spring for two matching MOOG ones and have an entire MOOG linkage, what you all think?

Last edited by Gregski; 04-12-2021 at 09:35 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote