View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 10:12 PM   #64
Orange Crate

Re: Another NV4500 to NP205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbel45 View Post
Hey Orange Crate,

Hope all is well. How is your swap coming along?

Thanks,
Campbell
Sorry about that, I was focused on getting stuff done on my truck and forgot about this thread. The good news is it's done and in the truck. I posted a pick in the "What have you done to your truck lately" or something like that. I did end up ordering the AA bell housing. It is super easy to assemble that way, just like a real factory Chevy set up. I had to wait 3 months for the housing, I guess supply chain issues hit that casting process too. I fabed up a new rear trans cross member and got lucky because I didn't have to move it. I ended up moving my engine forward 3 1/8", but like I said I got lucky that it all sits just about in the right spot. I even have about 2" from my fan to my radiator, so just about perfect. Because of the fan clearance I couldn't go any farther forward so my twin sticks are where they are. It is very comfortable to shift them, just a slight reach. The twin shifters are shown in 4 hi so that is as far back as will ever need to go, plus the NV is shown in 2nd gear so it is also as far back as will need to be. I machined my linkage on a Bridgeport mill I picked up. Sorry for the crap pic of the linkage. Here it is in the truck....
Attached Images