View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:12 PM   #44
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

couple updates.

New years day I spent a few hours in the garage working trying to get the trans finished up. I prepped and painted the trans with some "cast iron" paint I picked up from summit. I decided to remove shift shaft lever because I needed to install a universal style linkage. I ended up breaking the stud off the end...Fuuu!! So I had to pull the trans cover back off, lift the valve body to remove the retaining pin that holds the shaft. I got the new shaft from summit, new pan gasket, new mount installed tonight.

I also had to order a new flywheel because my existing one was 11.25" on center for the converter and the 4l80e was 11.50". I installed it tonight along with a new dip stick and tube. I managed to get it bolted to the engine. Just need to fill it with fluid.

I want to clean the engine up before putting it back in the truck. It has loads of grime that needs removed. A few pieces touched up and or replaced. I removed the stupid aftermarket fan as Im going to use an electric fan from a cherokee.
Hoping to maybe get the engine back in this weekend. Id like to get the new trans mount installed as well. Then Ill be ready to measure for a driveshaft, etc.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote