View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #47
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Finished a few things up this past week.

Got my temporary trans cross-member installed. I needed something to hold the trans up so I can continue working on the truck and so I'm able to get a driveshaft made at some point soon.

Its ugly but will do the trick until I can either get another cross-member custom made or have the exhaust modified.

I was able to install the trans cooler lines without removing any parts. They fit pretty well for being pre-formed lines. I had to modify the ends slightly to fit the 4L80E versus the TH400.

I also got the accessories fitted and belts installed on the engine. I test fit the air cleaner, installed some vacuum lines for the booster and vacuum advance and such. Just have a few small things left on the engine.

I reinstalled the core support so I could start getting the front end back together. I received the jeep fan that I ordered. I mounted it inside the factory shroud without any issues. I bought a Dakota Digital controller but will wait to run the wiring for that.

I attempted to bleed the brakes but I wasn't getting any fluid through either the front or rear bleeders. I'm going to rebleed the master cylinder now that I have the correct fittings. Could be something with the proportioning valve too. I expected Id get fluid from the front or rear somewhere though.

Also trying to decide on what to do about a steering column. I don't have anything super nice. Ive got non tilt autos, tilt manuals, pieces and parts from several trucks. Considering a flaming river column so I can just put it in and go.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote