View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #49
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Ive been slacking on the updates. Got quite a few things accomplished over the last couple weeks.

Got my new column from GMtiltsteeringwheel.com Wayne was great, I sent him my old stuff and he cut me a deal on this super nice late model custom tilt column. I did swap the t/s lever to a non tilt as I dont need it and its all black. I still need to figure out the wipers and the dimmer on it. Since mine were on the dash. This is 2" closer to the dash than a stock column. I have long arms so this should help with that.

The intermediate shaft is installed. Luckily I had a D shaped intermediate end piece laying around to use with this later column. I may switch this shaft out for the jeep shaft at some point but its nice and tight for now.

Installed the new FS steering wheel. Happy with the wheel but not happy with the 5 bolt adapter I got from LMC. I thought it was the FS adapter but it was the old Grant rubber tall boot style. So Im gonna reorder the alumn adapter from FS.

I have most of the wiring for the trans controller done. Just a few finishing touches to that. I mounted in up near the kick panel. I couldn't find anywhere else where the wiring would be long enough. I made 2 holes in the firewall to route the wires. This kit is super nice. I did have to basically build a bracket for the TPS sensor though. What came in the kit didnt' work with my setup. Its not super pretty but its sturdy and works.

Got my driveshaft back this week. The mufflers need to be swapped out. I had to change to center inlet instead of offset inlet. I swapped the rh one because the ds wouldn't clear at all. Just waiting on the other one as its clearance is too close for comfort. My crossover pipe doesn't fit anymore so Im gonna have that rebuilt. I believe there is enough room above the shaft to get one to fit. Even if it has to be 2.5" that would be fine.

I think I finished the wiring on the engine harness, I still have an ac clutch harness from GMACHINZ Im waiting on. Sorry the picture is dark. His harness's are pretty damn nice. I did shorten one section because of the location of the oil sender. He was even able to implement the wiring and connector for the msd distributor to make it plug and play.

I installed this ebay junction block on the firewall. Figured its a nicer piece than the stock one and allows for plenty of hookups. stud sizes are a little big but it works.

My current headache is the damn shifter linkage. From my research it seems most everyone has use these lokar/cpp kits without any problems. The shaft included in these kits is about 4 inches too short to work with my setup. My truck would require at least 2 bends to clear the firewall and to re-straighten it before the trans. poop. I think at this point Ill have to try the Lokar cable shifter.

Im also fighting a brake fluid leak at the rear. Gonna have to reflair a line there.

I do have a bunch of parts I ordered from Summit and LMC that are here and coming. New bumpers, lights, tons of misc. I also ordered my truck ralleys from wheel vintique. They are on backorder of course but I have a few months I figure.

Im also working on building a battery tray. I want to utilize a larger battery from take outs we get at my work. So I got a universal tray Ill be working on.

Anyway, thanks if you are reading my build.

Last edited by cruizin01; 02-13-2018 at 12:22 PM.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote