View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 07:23 PM   #22
rkn463

Re: Bosch Hydromax brake booster info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
BigDually and Richard's truck utilize the Delco Hypower system which is the predecessor to the Bosch Hydromax. There were 2 different style motors and I have seen both styles on the Hypower and Hydromax systems. I think it all depends on the specific vehicle it was going in.

1 style has just the positive wire going to it and is grounded through the body to the chassis and the other has 2 wires, positive and ground.

They both have the same mounting holes, same inlet and outlet holes and same o ring seals. So in theory they should swap back and forth.

Somebody should buy that replacement pump and report back to us
Here is my take on using the Bosch aux pump on the Hypower booster. Since both systems run off of a power steering pump I would think the pressure that the aux pumps put out would be very similar. Flow, hopefully as well. The wiring part of it is a non issue as they need to come on under the exact same conditions so that should be fine. That leaves us with two potential problems:

1) bolt and port patterns. If this is different then it looks like to me a machine shop could make an adapter.

2) is the flow in and out of the pump oriented the same... If not then the adapter becomes far more complex. (I hope this makes sense)

-Richard