View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #6
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Derecho Out Of Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
A lot of damage around here. I lost all of the Peaches off of 4 trees, two medium size limbs, and a piece of fascia on the west side of my house. But my whole barn is now leaning to the East 2 feet. It wasn't in real good shape to start with but I have a lot of parts stored in it. I need to figure out how to brace it up enough to get the stuff out of it. Some of the support posts inside are cracked. It is a big barn (50x50 feet)

A friend just told me that two 100,000 bushel grain bins are laying across the railroad tracks 7 miles North of me . They were just built about 3 years ago.

106 mph wind 17 miles north of me. My weather station registered 74 mph.

Luckily I had just cut down all of the tall trees around my house about a month ago. They were all dead from the Ash borers.

LockDoc
I feel for you Leon ,,that has to be thought out very carefully ..I can see big pole props put up on the side leaning ,but until there is no more winds ,,best to just stay out of the barn.. it was 1962 when winds of 100 mph in my area in Oregon .. took down a lot of barns.. be safe my friend .

Last edited by GOPAPA; 08-11-2020 at 04:24 PM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote