View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 10:55 AM   #6
1967KaiserM715

Re: Discerning Tire Pressures For _ANY_ Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
I agree you're going to want near 40 ~ 45 PSI but as mentioned, 3 to 5 PSI can make a HUGE difference in ride and more importantly handling and traction ~

Use chalk or some white paint across the tread from one side to the other then go drive it and see if the chalk / paint wears of faster in the middle or edges,if in the middle you need less pressure, if on the edges you need more pressure .

Remember : only add one or two pounds at a time and do both tires on each axle to the *exact* same pressure .

Do the rears first then the fronts, the Customer will think you're a genius and you can then make more $ setting up the proper tires pressures on anything .

Try it on your own tires and discover how much faster, er, SAFER (right) you can drive along with far longer tire life .
I'm quoting this, because this is the correct way to make sure any aftermarket tire/rim package is set up correctly. with so many different tires, and pressure ratings, it is almost impossible to say what will work best. typically you should find you want the rear tires a few PSI lower then the front.

In this case, I believe Stock(GM) Manufacture recommended pressures for C/K10 trucks was 32 front, 28 rear. that would be a good place to start the chalk test, a lot of people worry about the bottom "bulge" and think a tire is under-inflated, but this is not always the case, only the tire wear can tell you if it is under or over inflated.
1967KaiserM715 is offline   Reply With Quote