View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #82
greguw

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban ... Cummins Powered

Thanks guys ... just stripped the front back off to dress up the radiator support and cut in everything in so I can hang the metal finally .
Also figured out how I am going to trigger the tachometer , I wanted to run a 5" tach ... I'm doing all autometer gauges in my cluster ... since its a mechanical motor it does not put out any type of pulse signal .
I needed to generate a signal the tach could read ... I choose to use a 4 pulse signal ... the front harmonic has 4 bolts that I am going to use as the trigger . Going with a magnetic sensor similar to a pickup in a distributor pickup .
I have to make the mount up once it comes in ... then the pickup will be wired to a HEI ignition module . That will generate a 4 pulse signal that a regular gas tach will read .
Started to tare the front apart for final prep and paint . While I have the sheet off I am installing fuel hoses and sending units for the gauges .
Just finished the pickup mount for the tachometer ... I was not happy with the first design so I went with a dual mount point ... looks a lot better and the pickup should not move .
Got the radiator all painted the other day , looks pretty nice for a truck .
Attached Images

Last edited by greguw; 04-17-2011 at 10:45 AM.
greguw is offline   Reply With Quote