View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #8
dgodecke

Re: Black & White smoke and a knock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
The black smoke is normal when you roll into it to pass. Particularly since you've removed the cat, they have a tendency to trap some of it.

The white smoke when getting off of it is cause for concern. What kind of RPMs were you turning to pass the person? The LBZ Duramaxes (3rd gen, 06 & 07 Classic) are hands down the best Duramax to date. They've got a lot of improvements over previous generations without most of the newer emissions devices. My roommate is from Poulsbo, he says take it to Jet Chevrolet, not Grey (they are hit & miss). Both of us actually have 2007 Classic Duramax equipped trucks.
This was not just a little smoke it was a HUGE cloud of smoke. The kind that would blot out the sun!

I was turning about 3K when the code kicked in. I was staying off it enough to keep it from pinging. The white smoke would come when I got off the gas and it dumped fuel into a cylinder that should have been at rest.

I work in Pt Angeles and have developed a good relationship with the GMC dealer Ruddell in town. We take all the work rigs to them regardless of make for service and repair.

When I checked in tonight they were still working trying to find a bad injector. The code said a low pressure on on rail but they were having a hard time detecting what injector was bad.
It does have a 427 block and parts from various 427 motors. It will end up with a nice strong 454 in the end.
It has not been run for 20+ years
Frame up restoration started2/15/2010
dgodecke is offline   Reply With Quote