View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #95
zammer
Addicted user

Re: Blazer retractable convertible top

Bringing this thread back...... finally! I'm done building my house now and getting ready to start working on the blazer again in the next couple weeks once i have the odds and ends from the house build completed ...
- i was wondering again, i've been thinking about how i want to do the rear windows ( back passenger windows ). Now, i have all the parts to do a powered window etc. but its going to be lots of extra work to get them to work properly plus the cutting of my new boxsides to "tuck" the windows down inside the box sides to the rear wheel wells...
So will it be worth the extra work to do the powered rear windows or just have them set in place like a T-Top window the has some sort of latch and then is manually removeable? Of course i want to do the powered rear windows with a higher cool factor and being able to have them sit at any height while parked cruising etc. but lots of work, i did have my one boxside already cut out for the window and i know i'm able to get it tucked low enough its just hard for me to start cutting into the new box side basically. below is a pick of the blazer parked in its new home ( at the back of my tandum garage i'm in the process of setting it up as the shop.. I've also ordered a 4 post hoist for working on the blazer to help try to speed things up so i can get it on the road quicker

Name:  blazerstudio1.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  rightsidetopmod.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  43.5 KB

Last edited by zammer; 02-12-2012 at 08:54 AM.
zammer is offline   Reply With Quote