View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 10:34 PM   #6
cwcarpenter98

Re: 1962 K14 GMC Suburban

It looks to me that there's a lot of original paint still left on this one. My thoughts are to consider leaving as much of the original paint as possible, but fixing any rust issues it does have. I definitely would want to fix the driver's front fender. It might be a little more expense, but if you could get someone to blend in the repairs to match the remainder of the original paint, it would look really good.

If you are going for more of the stock look, tall skinnies would fit the bill for sure. Another good option would be some 15x8 steel wheels that would let you go with some wider tires if desired, but could still have some of that stock look. I'm running 15x8s with 30x9.5s on my 63 currently, and I really like that look. It's not a 4x4 though.

You could potentially do the build in two stages. Stage 1 would be get it running, make it look a little better but still keep it original paint, and drive it a bunch while saving up for stage 2. Stage 2 would be the full restoration of whatever direction you want to go with it.

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote