Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #249
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Wow, quite the Saturday! I can't believe it still isn't running right. You guys will figure it out soon enough.

How difficult were the body mounts? I have been thinking of changing mine out, just will be easier now than later. Any links to videos or any helpful hints?
Me neither. Helpful hint 1...you do not have to remove the tank to change the rear...ask me how I know...lol

Its not hard at all....main thing is you will need someone to help you...After removing the bolt or nuts....bolts on the rear have a captive nut. What we did was use a 2x4 with a block of wood to slightly raise the rear of the cab so you could get the old mounts out...mine were stuck pretty good from all the dirt and grime.

on the fronts it has a bolt and nut....so you may need someone on the inside with a wrench so you can loosen...once the bolt is out we used a jack with a block of wood under the floor support to raise it to get the old mount out...we had to raise it about a 1/4" after we got the old mount out since the new one was a little taller and didn't compress.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote