View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #83
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

A little more work done towards the rear of the truck. The taillights were mocked in. These are '37 Ford taillights, cut in slightly to the lower part of the rear stake pockets. The taillights are just tacked in for now, but will soon be fully welded in. I wanted to do something a little different than the stock taillights and brackets, but I wanted it to still look like it might have come from the factory this way. I guess this does render the stake pockets unusable, but I still think it is a clean, stock-ish appearing look. I really like it! You might also be able to see a sharpie marking on the rear fender - I decided to move the gas filler hole upwards a few inches, and that will be the new location.

The shop fabricated some caps for the ends of the rolled metal at the tops of the bed sides. Here they are welded in.

I dropped off the finished wood boards for the bed. These are the boards that Bruce Horkey made out of the shagbark hickory tree that we cut down on the family farm last November. I really really really wanted to see the boards, but they were nicely packaged up in protective plastic wrapping, so I decided to leave the packaging intact until we actually need to get the boards out for mockup/install. Hard to be patient, but better to leave the boards protected. My dad saw the boards at Bruce's shop before they got packed up and said they look amazing. I believe it!

Finally, for fun, a shot of the shop. Always lots of cool projects to look at!

Last edited by torchlight; 12-25-2013 at 01:22 AM.
torchlight is offline   Reply With Quote