View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 09:03 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Re: Performance Steering & Handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGW View Post
why not go onto the S10 Handeling page instead of an old fullsize web forum?

Theres over 10k members https://www.facebook.com/groups/s10handling
Thanks for the link. I do go other places for info but I'm asking here first because this is my home-base truck info place I visit everyday. My attitude is this place is less active for the very reason you show in your post. The more we use this subforum the better it will be. This site has expanded far beyond it's origins and I've had something to do with some of that. I believe in this forum and do my part to try to make it a better place. Also, on most other forums and FB groups you get punks with smartass questions and answers I don't care to deal with. This place is only as good as we make it and I do what I can.

I've already gotten some good help and I think those who gave it. I didn't want to jump into lowering just to lower if there were more handling focused parts to use. Thinking more on this I think I do want 3/3 drop and no matter what that means rear springs and spindles to start (and 1" drop springs). I think I'll just do that for now and if I want to go deeper into even better suspension I'll deal with that later. It will handle way better sitting 3" lower and using good shocks.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-14-2023 at 08:25 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote