Thread: '63 Model B
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #29
wilcoxgarage

Re: '63 Model B

Crap, now I have to make some progress on this thing. My bread and butter is building one-off parts and pieces for hot rods and race cars, with some architectural metalwork now and then. I've always got a backlog of work so finding time for my own stuff can be a challenge.
It's a good thing to show this truck a little bit because it'll put some pressure on me to move forward with it. So for that, thank you for the interest.
To answer a couple more questions, no plans to relocate the tank, I did that for a customer years ago and gained no more room in the cab, save for storage space behind the seat. I'll have outside storage in the form of tool boxes below the bed, so thought it unnecessary.
Plans for the bed. A flatbed of some sort, just not sure about surface yet. This is a truck and will be used as one so it won't be something I will want to have to polish or cover or worry about. I do want to match the profile of the body with the perimeter of the bed though. I drew it up with a long bed box and dually type fenders and just wasn't happy with how high the bed and fenders looked in relation to the rear wheels, so I went with these fenders to match the fronts, using the fronts as a buck. It will have provisions for adding racks for long material hauling and a receiver for towing.
The number one goal though is to drive it to Bonneville next summer and use it to push my brother's racecar off the line.
Posted via Mobile Device
wilcoxgarage is offline   Reply With Quote