View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #27
jocko

Re: Highlander interior before and after

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB72CHEVKT View Post
That seat looks great. Where did you get the cover with the scrolls?
worked a special order through Tim (Truckseats) and SMS. (SMS provided all the materials - the vinyl with scrollwork was a special order and why it took so long - and Tim had em stitched together). In the end, I was working with both Tim and SMS directly.

Hopefully, now that SMS has done this, they can do it more quickly. There was a big delay involved because of a wrong color that was sent once (Saddle-ish, I think) and Tim headed it off before it ever got to me and sent it back to SMS to correct. SMS folks did say that they were thinking of going into production on this cover (and I assume all 4 highlander covers) as they've had a lot of requests. That sure would be nice.

I've purchased this cover and an olive custom cloth cover from Tim, he's who I plan to buy any covers from in the future - very satisfied. It can take a lot of time for a special order like this, so hopefully SMS will get into the biz of producing them.

As for cost, I believe I had about $650-700 in the cover by the time it was all said and done. NOT cheap, but that is primarily because it was a special order. Still, expensive when you consider the Cheyenne Super cover I ordered was in the $250-300 range, if I recall correctly. But they just don't make these (right now), so kinda had to bite the bullet. Saved the pennies for a while to get it done.

How is yours coming along? Wish I had a big block like you!! Your interior would look about identical, wouldn't it?
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote