View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 05:17 PM   #32
jocko

Re: Highlander interior before and after

That would look excellent in the burb. Need lots more plaid to do all the seats in there!

Here's something I thought was pretty cool - I sent on of the "after" pics in the first post to the guy I bought the truck from - he's also the original owner, name is Sherman. Here's what I got in reply (his wife Carole handles the email chores):

"Hi Mark,
It's so nice to hear from you. You were so good to send the pictures. I always loved those seat covers. We're so happy you were able to duplicate them. They look great!! Sherm said to tell you he cried for an hour after he saw them. (;-) He didn't really, but was so happy to see what you have done. Made his day for sure. We are so glad you were the one to purchase our old friend.
Thank you so much,
Carole & Sherm"

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share that. When I bought the truck, he actually peeled some family pictures out of his old family photo album and gave them to me - most from 73-73, when he first bought it. Was very cool of him to give them to me, have always felt a little indebted to him, so I keep him posted on the major resto phases of the truck.

Now, I never meant to make Sherm cry - but I have to say that meeting him was far and away the most enjoyable used vehicle buying experience I've ever had. Made a good friend.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote