View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 01:05 AM   #1
CalSpeed

72 K10 Shortbed, just got time to upgrade!

My cousin has owned this 1972 K10 factory shortbed 4x4 - 350 - 4-speed SM465 for the last decade. He sold it to me today for $9k, drove it home washed it up and ready to do some nice upgrades!

1) Lift kit: What is the best brand / part number for a small lift to fit a 35" tire without rubbing? These 33's are old and need to be replaced. Looks like a shackle flip kit in the rear and find a good 4" front kit with maybe a 1-2" body lift

2) Any recommended suspension / steering upgrades for a setup like this? I plan on doing some minor rock crawling and slow 4x4 trails. I'll add good shocks but id love to get more travel out of the suspension as well. Going to rebuild all the steering components with all new Moog parts.

3) I'll be swapping in a stock 6.0L LS motor shortly which wont be a big deal and will run/drive great with the old SM465 trans. ive done a ton of these swaps so no big deal here

4) Going to dakota digital RTX gauge cluster and vintage air AC kit

5) Does anyone make an EFI fuel tank for behind the seat? I dont want to fill the tank from the bed. does anyone make a kit to put a filler neck on the bed side like a newer truck?

6) putting a spray in bed liner in this week. chipped up bed paint problem solved. doing some paint touch up as well in couple little spots.

Last edited by CalSpeed; 04-25-2019 at 10:51 AM.
CalSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote