View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #270
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

con2rs look amazing, i love how they dont need an adapter ring like most other aftermarkets do. (even the dakota digital with the quad gauge has the adapter ring built in, why? the VHX dont) but they are 1200 smackers with shipping, and still require all the rewiring, and dont come with any senders. really pretty, but like other really pretty things, really expensive. they didnt really raise the asking/selling price on that truck either.

the dolphins are about $400 all in with the ohm changer. come with senders. no tach and use adapter rings. was a last minute choice for me, so I didnt get sidetracked building the gauges like on a couple other trucks. cheap, but there, better than on kechi with nothing.

The dakota digital can use the OBDII port, which I like too, except the oil pressure still needs a new sender. pricer than even the con2rs with the obdii box, but has a PRNDL (if you have a late model obdII)

I will use them all, eventually, for me its about finding the most efficient way. even the dolphins work exactly as intended and look good in the dash, that goes a long way especially with a 1/3rd asking price. getting good at wiring these different systems. one last thing about the con2r, the tach side did not fit the dash without shortening the cap to clear the wiper motor. I called to tell them it didnt fit and they said quote "yes it does". I ended up shortening the back cap by two inches before it would fit. no it didnt.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote