View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #699
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Time to move on. I picked these control arms up a few years back at the Portland Swap Meet. They were part of a bunch of stuff in a package deal. I'm probably in to them 50 or 60 bucks. One is set up for some kind of air bag. Time for the blue wrench! 45 minutes later it's ready to have the ball joint pressed out.
I'm willing to bet the ball joints and the bushings are generic offshore units. I will reuse the Moog pieces from the old arms. That will also save me from having to re-index the control arm shafts. And with a little over 20k miles on them the Moogs should still outlast the other ones.
Now just waiting for the springs to arrive.

As a side note the shortening of the cups that I did in the previous posting did in fact stiffen up the front suspension feel. It is more of a change than I expected. The truck now has more of a 70's Trans Am feel when entering a turn. I believe that it is possible that with the bags being stiffer at a lower height is keeping the suspension in a sweeter spot for the alignment.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote