View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #749
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

Thanks everyone. Yes, she did get to live a long time for a dog. Growing up we had "outdoor" dogs that would only be around for a few years at a time. Oreo was my first, with me all the time, indoor pet. She was deaf, going blind, and couldn't hold her potty for more than 6-8 hours anymore. It was actually a blessing I got to be home with her for 4 weeks. For the month before that I was having to drive home for lunch everyday to let her our 3 days a week (50 minute round trip). What made our final decision was she was having a hard time getting up (for weeks) and walking anymore. I was picking her up right after she would wake up and carry her outside so she didn't have to struggle. My wife is a veterinarian, so it was especially hard on her. To be honest, Oreo probably would have only made it to 12 without her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
I lost my Meryl Aussie last summer and it was a tough time for awhile.
That's what she appeared to be, but based on her blood test we had done, she was like 10 different breeds. She was definitely a cutie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcburdic View Post
Jesse! It's been some time buddy. Sorry to hear about your Oreo! Shop is looking great. You've done tons of work since I last visited! Keep up the great work buddy.
Holy crap! Glad to see you back around! A couple times a year I see a post or two your wife tags you in on facespace but I haven't seen you on here in forever! Did you end up keeping the burb and truck? You mom's 65/66 Mustang??
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote