View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: 1986 K10 shorty revival

Well yesterday I got home from work and decided to mock up the Suburban buckets and console in my truck-I dont know what anybody has done when doing this swap, but after carefully analyzing my options-I decided the best route was to use both the LH and RH bench seat tracks on each of the buckets because of the way the rear seat frames between the two are shaped-the Suburban ones curve down while the truck floorpan curves up in that area. I had thought about cutting/welded but decided against it. I had to redrill a few holes on the bottoms of the bucket seat frame, add a small hole for the spring tension for the adjusting back/forth and drill/add a hole in the actual truck seat brackets themselves. I measured and mounted one of the inner mounts and temporarily bolt the RH seat down to get a location for the rear inner seatframe bolt location too. I still need to cut off about 2" from the front of the seat bracket frames since the truck bench ones are slightly longer than the bucket ones.

I degreased and painted the frames with self-etching primer and then dark grey gloss paint-bolt heads I painted semi-gloss black.

hopefully after this weekend I'll have the other bucket seat in along with the console and inner seatbelts....rigthnow I have the AC firewall box off for a complete overhaul and reseal-then I'll seal the floor, sound deaden it and get my new carpet ordered.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote