View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 01:16 AM   #297
Dazzoman

Re: What can be said about the 4-speed New Process NV833 overdrive manual transmissio

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1982 View Post
I have (2) cast iron A833 overdrives. Both came factory in 1982 GMC 1/2 ton 2 wheel drives with the 6.2 liter diesel engine.
That is WAY encouraging because in spite of it being so darn heavy in comparison to the aluminum MY6 that means someday when I grow up I can put an V8 in it and not worry about breaking something .
This is an 1966 GMC 3/4 ton I've had since 1979 , it had an V6 in it and in 1987 I put in an 292 ( waaa? ) Yep .
Today I fired it up to see if its gonna work and so far the new driveshaft and "kit" works great at least in the driveway .
The seat and new floor jute is not in yet and today I put in new firewall cardboard I got from Bowtie bits .
Ive got bucket seats ( an bucket HA HA ha ! ) until a couple days so I can't drive it . (pics) of new driveshaft with corvette "kit " adapter so it will bolt in the carrier bearing cross member . GOOD NEWS - the new (old ) shifter WORKS PERFECT and was worth the extra dough , plus its position is almost perfect (pic)
Attached Images

Dazzoman is offline   Reply With Quote