View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 09:28 PM   #15
MDFarms

Re: 6" LIFT KIT OPTIONS "OFF ROAD DESIGN" Vs SKYJACKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASE View Post
Did you ever ask ORD about their reasoning for the shackle flip? I've got a 68 K10 I'm planning on lifting 4-5" as well and have been wondering about that. I'm guessing the springs ride a little nicer with the shackle flip, but that's a lot more work vs. just bolting in new springs. I'm tempted to try the shackle flip and leave the original springs in the back vs buying both.

I'm installing 4.10 gears in mine right now, planning on 35's as well. That's probably a little low for someone who is planning on a lot of 70+ mph hwy driving. 3.73 or 3.92 would be better for an automatic that's going to spend time cruising on the interstate. http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html is a neat calculator that will let you compare different tranny/xfer case/gear ratios etc, at different rpm's and speeds. It knows what all the common gear ratios are.
Thanks for reply and yes I called ORD on Tuesday and discussedthe shackle flip and he said anything over 3" you have to use shackle flip. I ask him if I can just order 5" springs directly from Alcan and he said No they would hit bottom of box and not ride as nice. I want to try the kit BUT for $2800 the difference between it and a skyjacker soft ride better be HUGE
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote