View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
kwin

Re: '86 Suburban Seat Upgrade

work delayed, so here is what I did. The second row seats have a plate at the rear to bolt the seats in place. I cut off the rear tab so the seats could sit as far rearward as possible.
There is a small step in the rear floor , it is where the hinge sits for the factory rear bench, I attached a 1 inch angle to face of this ledge to provide an appropriate place for the seat to sit.
For the fronts I got rid of the factory bases and fabbed my own from 1x2 box tubing using the factory holes. I am about to re-do the mounts I made because the seats sit too low in the front for my taste. I feel like I am slipping on to the floor all the time. I am building new ones with an inch of rise. One other change I am making to the new brackets is to add tabs to move the seats further outward, my burb was a bench seat model and the factory holes cause these seats to sit about two inches too close to the center, steering wheel ends up off set.
So other than removing the power bases everything works the way it should. I'm six feet tall so I keep the drivers seat back a bit , even so the rears sit the way they should when lowered, a little tight but I could move my seat forward an inch. lol
I cant help you with the third row, sorry. I only have front buckets and 60/40 rear.
Feel free to contact me if you need more info.
Easy swap and well worth it. Don't modify your floor it is not worth it in my opinion and the seats still sit a little high for my taste. Also carpet no longer fits the way it should.
I hope this helps.

Keith

Last edited by kwin; 06-05-2012 at 10:40 AM.
kwin is offline   Reply With Quote