View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 11:54 AM   #39
chevmn

Re: Dana 60 3.54 in the '68 Chevy C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloGMC View Post
I talked with a guy from VintageChevyTrucks and he did say that C20s with coils are uncommon and that C20 suburbans would be the best bet.

I currently have a Dana with 4.10s and, yes, even with my 4L80 I'm going to switch to 3.54s.

Maybe I'll make a post in the suburban section and see if anyone knows if their Dana has 12x2.5" brakes.
The Dana 60 with 3:54 came in the big block trucks. Small block got the 4:10s. I purchased a C20 at an estate auction which had sat for a very long time, but only had 62,000 miles when parked. It had tires put on just before being parked in favor of a new truck, and date code on Montgomery Wards (remember those?) tires are early 80s, so the truck was about 10 years old when parked. It has factory big block, TH400 and Dana 60 powerloc with the 3:54 ratio. When I purchased it had a camper shell, set up to tow, and propane conversion on top of the q-jet. Camper, propane was first to go, and initial plan was to put 1/2 ton suspension on it. Engine and drive train seem all good, so it is getting some much needed restoration work, and paint, and remaining a 3/4 ton after some research. I'll see how it rides/drives, but for sure getting some "P" rated 16 inch tires to soften it up a little since I have no plans on heavy hauling or towing, and I know how the C/D/E load tires ride on the roads around here.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote