View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #17
c-tenkid

Well I got the header thing straightend out.I took the driver side header off.Then mounted the clutch linkage like it was supposed to be.I used a hammer and had to beat the back header tube in a little.It acctually wasn't as far as I thought.

I have spent the time since I got her running tuning her.I got it pretty close.When I shift into third at 55mph it barks the tires.I ran my buddies caddillac seville today.It has a 4.5.I pulled on him so hard to 80 I hit the brakes.She runs really good.I am happy.I thinking low 15's high 14's.Everyone keeps telling me it should be faster than that.I had a guy tell me mid 13's.I know it's not that fast though.

In the meantime.I started porting my 408's heads.There 493 castings.I am going port and polish them.And have new 1.94/1.60 valves put in along with having them milled.I am hoping for atleast 415 horsepower and 450 foot pounds with it.I am going to run a cam with around .510 lift,230ish duration.That along with a victor JR intake and a set of 1 5/8 headers.Do you think this will get my close to that.I am pretty excited about this engine.I bought a book by david vivvard about building small blocks.Alot of good tips and advice.