View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #53
Curt's_72

Re: Curt's '72 K20 Resto-mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by allchevy58 View Post
Looking real nice! If you find the wheels stick out too far, Wheel Vintiques makes 16" wheels 6",7",8" and 10" widths. I believe they will custom make them with a different offset. The factor hubcaps fit perfect. The 16" tires are cheaper and a better selection. Can't wait to see it done. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks!
Been following your threads on the 16x8 wheels you had made. They look great!

A little background. When I bought the truck it had 33x12.50's on it. I thought they looked too big for the stock height, and they were on chrome spokes. White steelies were always going to be on it. I got a set with the truck, and I bought 31x10.50's to better fit the wheelwells.

When the resto started, I had in mind to put the 9.75's on it with 33x12.50's since I was going up 2 1/2". After awhile, I ended up with 3 sets of them.

Now, I don't think I'll be going with the bigger tires. I want a heavy duty stock look, and the wheel/tire ratio to the wheelwells appears to give me the look I want...For now.

I don't think the 31x10.50's will fit properly on the 9.75" wheels. I've not found any positive responses concerning that.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494493
Curt's_72 is offline   Reply With Quote