Thread: CPP Rant !!!
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #42
SCOTI

Re: CPP Rant !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huero View Post
Those are your words not mine. All I stated was I have never seen any shims on factory suspension parts (other than alignment shims) on suspensions I have torn apart. Examples are 67-72 Chevy trucks, Novas, Camaro's, Mustangs, Impalas, Ford F150's (just off the top of my head).
Maybe you can school me Shane and show me a factory service manual that shows a shim between a ball joint and spindle. I will be interested in that.
You keep buying CPP products Shane. It's all good.
To any one else debating purchasing from them, all I can say is buyer beware. A little research should help you out in you decision.
Best of luck, huero.
I'm not going to debate the whole shim between a factory BJ & spindles concept since you guys are doing such a fine job.

I will say that I've never used drop spindles from CPP. I have used drop spindles from AIM, Western Chassis, DJM, & Bell Tech. More than one of them required the slight .187 shim to ensure the castle nut & cotter pin were fully engaged. And yes..... the taper of the joint was fully seated in the spindle. So if your against using the 'shims', I wouldn't recommend using aftermarket spindles.

Why they were like this, IDK. But those shims/washers/spacers didn't hurt.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote