View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
pimpeterbilt

'00 Painted Interior Project

I've been in the works of painting a dash for a kid that I know. The pickup is a 2000 ECSB Silverado. Of the interior pieces, this is all that will be painted...

-Lower half of the dash: Glove box, fuse cover/end panels, dr. side knee bolster/panel, cigarette lighter cover, ash try cover and the middle piece in the center console with the flip up lid.
-Surrounds on the pass. side air vents
-Inner areas of the gauge bezel
-Door Panels: Speaker grilles, window switches, and door handle trim
-A pillar covers

The kid rides motorcycles and I have came up with a design/logo that will have his bike number and last name. That will be airbrushed on the A pillar covers and also will be airbrushing some ghost flames on the dash and door pieces.

Also sold him my rear bucket seat and fiberglass speaker box along with my two JL Audio W1s and amp. The speaker box has already been repainted, did it a two tone with the color we are using and a SEM dye the same color as the interior. That is already installed and painted. Also I am painting my old Trenz billet dash trim that will be painted to match also.

Heres some previous pictures and pictures of some of the dash that I was working on tonight...

First off the paint that is being used for everything

Wetsanding the speaker box

Sanding on the knee bolster piece. Starting off with 120 grit.

All sanded with 120.

Gone over with 180.

Got the glove box apart and other pieces sanded tonight

Everything is all sanded down and ready for primer except the glove box and lower dash piece pictured in the last picture. More pics to come as thing project continues. Hope to have it done by the next weekend.
01 Z71 ECSB|5.3ltr|4:10s|Wheatley 89 Tune|Pacesetter Shorty Headers|No Cats, Flowtech Cutouts, Spintech, & 4x22in. S.S. Tips|K&N Filter|16x8 MB Wheels|3in. Blocks & Cranked TBs|Truxport Cover|Fully Painted Interior|JVC & JL Audio Stereo|5% Tint|Cobra CB
Deer Slayer
73 Chevy RCLB|K10|4x4|350ci|4spd|Homemade Bumper/Grille Guard|Rear Light Bar w/ Tractor Lights|Cobra CB w/ Whips|
pimpeterbilt is offline   Reply With Quote