View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 07:10 PM   #1
Oydllay

66 "liberation"build

Hey all, new here. I've come to rely on this site as my go to for info and ideas. Figured it was time to come to the forefront with my newest project! For years I have built nice cars with beautiful paint and detailed this and that. Some restorations, some hot rods. The one thing that always bugged me is I can't enjoy driving them as an everyday car. Always on the lookout for the next idiot that wants to lean on my 500 hour paint job! I have a 72 GMC with a cummins that still has its time worn patina. Its my everyday truck and turns out I get more enjoyment out of it than I do my 442 that I spent counless hours on! So with that idea as justification for a new project, I decided to jump on board with the patina truck movement. I know, kinda late to the party. Story of my life! I picked up this 66 shorty a while ago and in spite of its appearance, it's relatively solid. The idea is to leave the truck looking field fresh. There will be no body work unless it can be done with a claw hammer and a wrecking bar. No paint unless dispensed from a rattle can. There will be however many behind the scenes mods. Suspension upgrades to fix geometry and handling. Twin turbo LS engine with overdrive trans. Etc. I'm not even going to wash off the used engine! Turbos are diesel takeoffs. Read: budget build. Gonna go fast, handle like a performance car and look like crap! Only bling will be some nice wheels (duh, of course). The fine line between a junker and a show car is defined by the wheels!
Attached Images

Oydllay is offline   Reply With Quote