View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #48
KenAdams

Re: 1966 C10 Daily Driver

Ran into a little bit of trouble, and it looks like others have had the same problem mounting with the CPP perches and the LS3 oil pan. I saw the Craig just drilled another hole and fit them on the back mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax View Post
I mounted the engine last night, the original motor mounts were located in the back two holes, the cpp mounts fit perfect in the front two holes and the hole in the cross member, the instructions said nothing about which holes to use, so I used the front two "WRONG".
I was hoping by using a large offset plate that I would be able to get the oil pan to clear. No, go. It is so close, less then a 1/4 inch off using the original V8 holes and the largest offset plate I could find to push the motor back.

I guess there are two options. Use the V8 holes, a different oil pan, and have an easier time with headers, but possibly run into issues with accessories. Or, use the V6 holes, original oil pan, have a more difficult time finding headers, and have an easier time with accessories.

So, I ended up taking off the oil pan, mounting the motor and putting the cab back on to check the firewall clearance. I like the firewall clearance the V8 holes provide and am going to stick with that. Using the V6 holes it looks like if I ever had to change the clutch or take a valve cover off it would ba a PITA. So, I've ordered the muscle car oil pan.

Had a few PM's asking about part numbers. The correct energy suspension part number for the motor mounts that fit the CPP perch is 3.1114. It's the GM short and wide motor mount. For the conversion plate, I just purchased the cheapest one, they all looked like they where exactly the same.

Last edited by KenAdams; 12-04-2016 at 04:02 PM.
KenAdams is offline   Reply With Quote