View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 08:52 AM   #12
Furno68C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I don't have a picture of that . I'm using custom made buckets and a stock console . The shifter mounting plate is off set forward and made to install in the forward holes of the Muncie tailshaft also the shifter itself are made to move it further forward and taller for clearance .

This truck was originally a 67 292/3 speed short bed , Project creep lead it to 350 4 bolt with the M22 and a 3.73 posi with 29" tires 3.5/5" static drop and front disc conversion a rear mounted tank and all stainless lines with a wood bed . I swapped out the 6 manual trans cross member mount for the V8 cross member so the engine/ bell housing would be in the stock V8 position , Since I already had a few 67 bell housings that fit the Muncie 22 input it was a no brainer for a period shop truck build . I've done the math it all works .

Good info here. I too am in the process of trying to figure out how to convert a 67 Short box 250i 3spd over to a 355i / Muncie combo. One question I have is how different are the bell housings? Would I be able to use the bell housing and support position from the 250i set up?
Posted via Mobile Device
Furno68C20 is offline   Reply With Quote