View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #66
rechinca

Re: Buying a old car/truck

Grumpy you are right, once you buy it is yours but it’s not always a project that is getting sold that someone couldn’t finish. I’ll throw out my wife’s 71 F250. It was going to be bought as a project to drop and convert into a half ton. While inspecting it and poking around, I found some interesting history on the truck including the original owners WWII armored unit medallion on the grille, his bible in the door pocket and his fishing map with notes in the glove box. The seller was cleaning out the estate for the family. I ended up with a pretty cherry truck in great original shape and it re-directed our plans for the truck into a semi-restoration. I stay in touch with the seller as he has some great stuff from estates and I get farm fresh eggs on the cheap.

The thing is it’s not wrong to ask, it’s not wrong to not ask, it’s not wrong to not sell your product to someone you don’t want to. But to get mad because someone asks, for whatever reason, is silly. There is always another truck or abandoned project down the line. I’m more pissed about the jack wagons who misrepresent their “one of one and super rare” and waste my time. I can gauge a lot about a buyer/seller based on conversation that only takes a couple of minutes.