View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 10:23 PM   #35
Mayo
Cool Truck

Re: CUSTOM CAMPERS lets see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
haha cool! have you ever checked to see it the previous owner bondo'd the holes? if so you could pop out the holes and find some of those emblems and put them back on. what are your plans for it? gonna remove the hood oranament? are you keeping the 71 72 bumper? and did your truck have lower side molding?
Its just got rivets in the fender holes, but I don't know if I will ever get any emblems for it or not. I am leaving the hood ornament on there, I like the thing and lots of my friends ask me if I made it because they know I am artistic. I am not sure if it had side molding on it , I just know that it was silver and off white originally. I have the original bumper, but its got a big push pad on the front. I will probably end up getting a chrome 67-70 bumper for it though, I like them better. I have had the truck for 4 years now and I am going to have to get working on it soon, but it is my daily driver so I have to get something else to drive first. I would just leave it as is because I don't have to worry about the paint getting chipped or anything, but the rockers are gone, it is rutting at the driprail on the right side, the fenders are rusting out, and the wood bed is almost completely gone. I just hope when I get it redone I don't end up making it too nice to the point where I am afraid to use it.

Looking for a patina'd 68 50th Anniversary longbed
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote