View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #603
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

alright. I have been ignoring my truck for a couple of weeks in order to give it time to think about what it did. I was forced to address it tonight as it was parked under the attic and I was given orders by the boss to get the Christmas stuff down. new fuel filter, new needle & seat and it fired right up. this time (seems to change every time I start the thing) the fuel pressure was a tad low. I adjusted it and let it run on the high idle circuit for about 5 minutes then dropped it to the normal idle for another 5 minutes. I continually watched the sight windows and the pressure gauge. everything seemed fine. backed it out of the garage and let it idle for about 30 minutes while I was in the attic ( had my partner in crime check the pressure gauge every couple of minutes). the truck idled with perfect pressure and float levels for about 40 minutes total before I pulled it back in. I'm sad to say that the truck idling correctly without flooding and pulling in & out of the garage is a total win. I'm pretty happy in a pathetic kind of way. I guess we have to revel in the little victories.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote