View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #20
stomper

Re: Seeking education about 15x8 Rally Wheels and beauty rings (aka: trim rings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
These are obviously truck rallyes. No GM car ever came with this style rallye. All rallyes of this style are 5 on 5". All "GM" car rallyes (5 slot) are 5 on 4 3/4", but the aftermarket makes a 5 on 5" version for trucks.

Any 15" beauty ring will fit either rallye or steelie, except maybe the 3" on stock width (6") wheels. I know the GM "correct" rings are 3", but I sure do prefer the narrow (2"?) ones that let the wheel be seen, still serve to add the "trim" look desired, and actually fit to the contours of the wheel. I have this picture of a big/little set I did with incorrect rings and later truck centers, which I also think look better, that show the 8" wide... being the wider pair. Everything about this set is incorrect, yet 100% GM truck. Just my own preference for all but 100% factory restoration. "That's a touch I like" BTW, I know a good song by that name. Going to the "Nudder Music" thread to post it while it's on my mind. Any other unrelated topics you'd like to hear about before I go?

Wider (top) are absolutely 8" and I believe the rings are same as what you have on yours in the pictures:
90's cop cars came with 5x5 rallys. May have been 7 inch wide tho. I just pulled the center caps off one in a junk yard the other day.