Thread: 55.2-59 What brake reservoir 55 TF
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 09:08 AM   #11
Hcb3200

Re: What brake reservoir 55 TF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955 3100 View Post
Finally had time to get to work on the truck. Got the engine running, but before I install it I installed the new dual master cylinder and booster under cab. When I install brake lines should I use 3/16" or 1/4" line? I will probably use copper line. Do I just need to use a "t" block to split the line to the front and rear to each wheel? I have drum brakes all around for now. Also have the proportioning valve for each line that is for the drum brakes.
So I want to be sure to use the right size line and make sure I don't need any other type valves or other things.
Either line size is fine but DO NOT USE COPPER. It is not allowed on brake systems. Either Steel or NiCop line (combination of nickel and copper)
NiCop allows for easier bending. But is more expensive.

Depending on your booster ports if you have one port a T for the front brakes and a tee on the back brake line is fine. remember to run a Brake hose line from frame to rear axle with fixed mounts on each end if you tee on the axle like stock. Since you frame mounted make sure you put in your check valves (residual valves). depending on what proportioning valve you have some have those built in others do not and will require external.

I highly recommend putting a remote reservoir in the engine bay. they make kits for this. Its a whole lot better than going under the truck to check or having to go in thru the floor if you plan on putting a flooring in (carpet, rubber, dynamat etc) less worry about spilling as well.
Hcb3200 is online now   Reply With Quote