View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #30
88Stanger

Re: Speakers in doors

Scoti has several great points, same thought I have always said.
Look, these awesome works of Art are just that, works of Art. I do not care what anyone says about my work of Art if it is negative. I build my truck, my way, period. If it is not what you like, ok.... that is nice and i respect what you like or do not, BUT I do not need you to tell me how "bad, or wrong or ugly" it is, that is your opinion and you are welcome to it, and if it is negative, keep it to yourself.
I cut down my long bed 1969 C10 and posted and to some you would have thought i killed someone. Some got downright ugly and mean about it. Now i am a big boy and can take it, and dish it right back, but come on.. I am not a fan of long beds, some are and i think that is great. There are some very awesome long bed builds on here and i like them, they look great even though its not my thing. I will not say anything negative to them about that, because what they do to their ride is there business. If yo ask me my opinion about something, i will be respectful and tell you what my thoughts are, but also tell you to do what you want and what you like. Sorry for going a bit long, i just get frustrated sometimes about this...
I say if you want to put speakers in the door for whatever reason, do it. There are lots of ways i am sure to do it and make it look awesome, but anyway it is done, make it yours.
Example: in my 1966 C10 the dash was cut for Din Stereo and well I am leaving it and going back with one because i like my music, i like to hear it and sometime share it. LOL Subs in back, mids and tweets up front.... and so on. I also plan to install a roll cage loop inside the cab, exit the rear of cab and go into the bed. I have been told that this is stupid, wrong to do to a stock factory short bed... .yada yada .... Owe well, its mine and will be mine. lol
So build your truck the way YOU want it and if others do not like it, oh well.... alot of others will....
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote