View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #51
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: Airbaggers. Where are you putting your tanks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvelDesigns View Post
ok, first the feedback you can use... whoever said one comp per 3 gal tank hit it on the head. it's gonna take way to long to fill a 5 gal tank with one compressor. i run my whole setup off a single 3 gal tank with 1 compressor. when the tank is full (160psi) i can fill my bags to ride height all the way around. Then it takes about 2-3 to refill the tank.

that seems to work well for the "just gonna drop it at the shows". I will also tell ya that for the first two - six months, you'll play with them at every stop light you can. at least i did. especially if the wife or kids were with

ok, the other thing for ya is a pick of my compressor, tank, gas tank and exhaust setup. i'm not sure if you can do this though since you're a step bed.

i'm not sure mounting it under your cab is gonna work. you may run the risk of laying your truck down on the tank, or it hitting bumps in the road.

you have to keep in mind that your truck MUST still move @ 10mph or so if you're completely aired out. if not, you're gonna be screwed if anything ever blows going down the interstate.

I have two compressors for 10 gallons.. So, im kinda close to where we should be. I will be running two compressors and 1 5 gallon tank for the rear, then when i do the fronts i will add another tank. If it doesnt work out, then i will just have to adjust to how much i play with them. ahaha... I made a mockup of the 5 gallon tank and it sits up inside the cab area pretty well. I wont truely know until i have the cab back on. I will have some pics and what not when that tank gets here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgensensc View Post
Stepsides are A pain in the arse. If you aren't running a heater/ac box, you may be able to put the tank in the engine compartment. I never could find a good spot to mount it. My mufflers are even turned verticle, and there is still not enough roomto mount it on the inside of the frame rail. The only other thing I could think of was kind of a strange deal. I thought about putting a shelf across the trailing arms and mounting the tank and compressor to that. You would have to mount it with rubber mounts so that it could flex and move with the trailing arms. The only other thing I could think of was mounting the tank to the bottom of the bed just above the driveshaft near the front of the bed, by the driveshaft bearing. These are just a few different thoughts I had. Good Luck!
Shawn
I dont think a 5 gallon tank would fit in the engine compartment... hahaha... Let alone 10.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote