View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #197
Haulinass4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slemmy View Post
The mustang shifter will not work as the size of the plate is different than that of an S10 T-5 tail housing. I made the mistake of buying a mustang shifter for my T-5. You'll need a GM S10 T-5 shifter like this one Here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Core-Shifte...zzylmg&vxp=mtr

Although I wouldn't recommend spending that kind of money -- just look for a used shifter (in working condition) that fits an 83-95 S10. I found mine for $20 on eBay.

Good luck!
I have the factory s10 shifter on there I just don’t want the goose neck post that comes on it and it’s really sloppy inside. I want the straight up post with the more universal flat style to change the stick. I was hoping to not have to cut it open to replace the post.....after you buy all the bits to fix it and put it back together seems like 200 isn’t that bad but I don’t really know how much work it really is. The neck is what’s killing this for me. I’m trying to get everything lined up before I install it this is the first big project on the truck and don’t want it to drag it out just because I don’t know the correct path and start ordering the wrong stuff. Any advice helps 👍🏻👍🏻
Posted via Mobile Device
Haulinass4 is offline   Reply With Quote