View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #163
nlped

Re: 1987 R10...aka Belushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad Cam View Post
I have to do this as well. Would love to see how you fix the areas around the visor holes (mine is torn up as well.) I'm using your truck as inspiration to get mine done!
I don’t have any pictures yet, but I’m doing fiberglass matte across the back where any cracks or weak spots are. I did the first pass last night, and most of the spots “cooperated”, but I decided the areas around the visors needed another layer. I’ll reassess tomorrow night and decide if I got enough on or more is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Mine was like this too, around the visors. If I remember right, I used foil tape to fill the gap and to give the headliner material something to stick to. And also folded the excess material around the edges, to give it more stability. Once it is back in the truck, with the visors & trim installed, it’s just fine. There really isn’t that much headliner that is exposed in that area.
I know there’s not much in that area, but mine was actually broken off on both sides. It was broken around the interior light too. My thought is: I have $60 in materials so far...if I can end up with a good headliner, GREAT! If it is a fail, I have enough extra material, so I’ll get one of the ABS plastic replacement ones and recover it.

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote