View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 01:14 AM   #29
pjmoreland

Re: Reproduction Tach Dash Bezel Lens Text Not Lighting Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
What does the bad lens look like in daylight? Any different compared to the OEM lens?
Thank you for asking that question. It prompted me to look at new vs. old side by side. I now know what is wrong with the new lens. The green paint is on the back of the lens instead of the front. This prevents the light from being able to get into the lens.

To answer your question, there are a few visual differences between new and old:

1) The green paint on the old is lighter, more flat, and more cloudy looking. The new paint is glossy and a slightly darker shade

2) The text font is thicker and taller on the old

3) The new is wider at the bottom, causing the BATTERY text to be offset to the left relative to the gauge. Also, the green paint is partially visible on one side of every gauge opening due to the incorrect width

4) There were no screw boss clearance notches at the lower left and right corners of the new, so I had to file in the notches. It was not fun cleaning the filings off afterward. There was also a 1/4" tab sticking down from the center of the steering column clearance arch that I had to file off.
Attached Images

pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote