View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #23
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Re: why do so many like 6 cly over v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I should have said in posting those pictures that engine is NOT mine! It was in a '68 short fleetside owned by member "n2billet". Someone already dropped me a PM because of those pictures. I did not mean to mislead anyone into thinking it was mine...I wish it were. It's awesome. All I remember from his description was he degreased, rinsed, degreased, rinsed, etc to get it super clean then ground the intake smooth and painted it body color along with the distributor cap. I have never been able to fin that master cylinder cover..and I have searched. Anyway, enjoy everyone. One day I WILL have a straight six and I'll keep it and make it a clone of that one.
They stop making the master cylinder a few years back but I think Scotts Hot Rod bought all of the remaining stock so you might check with him. I have all the info on that motor if you ever need it.....anyway, here's my "new" 6 banger in my son's 71 step side. I have a V8 in my other truck but the 6 cylinders always seem to get the "dare to be different" crowd.
Attached Images

-67 SWB Custom Porterbuilt Front and rear 20/22's Hazel Sold
-71 StepSide Porterbuilt Stage 2 with 20/22's Stella Mae Sold

Last edited by n2billet; 10-03-2010 at 11:29 AM.
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote