View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #103
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Here is my last photo of the truck all together before being completely disasemmbled and sent to the body shop as a pile of parts. I love the stance - I think it is just perfect for Marvin! You can see one of the new headlight bezels that was built - these will be chromed and look almost stock - they will just follow the line of the fender a bit better and allow for the headlight to be recessed in just a little bit.

After the sheetmetal started coming off, everything that had been tacked to the frame got finish welded - IFS crossmember, rear suspension, etc. I'm extremely happy with the quality of the welding. A good shot here showing the exhaust routing also.

More amazing welds on the rear end suspension brackets.

Here's where the 4 bar attaches to the frame.

A little while later, and here's all that was left of Marvin - a frame hanging on the wall at the body shop and a pile of parts. A little sad for me, to be honest, after seeing him all together just a couple weeks prior.

Some subtle notches were added to the frame to make the headers fit a little happier.

Pile o' parts.

So, current status is pile of parts at the body shop. The frame and all suspension components were sent out last week for semi-gloss black powdercoating. When that comes back next week, Marvin will get re-assembled on the frame at the body shop (sheetmetal only) and begin prep for paint! Very excited to be at this point!