View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 08:56 PM   #9
kglowacky

Re: Ac compressor or belt?

I am getting ready to fire my ac up and here's some things I have been told. I am running my ac with no help from the pcm. Therefore the pcm only controls the fans (both of them) based on engine temp. So when you say they come on as the engine heats up that is the way they should work. I am going to run a wire to my second fan threw a relay so that when I turn on my ac it will turn on my second fan even if the PCM doesn't turn it on (based on engine temp). Therefor I will always have fan running when ac is on. Next your ac compressor should cycle on and off. from what have been told you do this cycling by adjusting the tirnary switch. There is a small screw on mine between the two wire connections that you can screw in or out . This will set the a pressure range to shut the compressor off when it gets to a set high pressure range you have just set. My ac man says about 32 psi. Please this information is second hand so please do research before e you use anything I say. Keep us posted I will post when I get mine going. good luck
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote