View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 08:40 AM   #57
SCOTI

Re: Sandy~~1984 C10 L86/4L80 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957 Chief View Post
A few updates on the truck.

I got it last week, drove it home, zero issues. We have been driving it around as much as we can so it can "self learn." I still haven't flat footed it yet, but it pulls like a mule. Stall converter and cam choice are spot on, couldn't be happier with the performance of the truck.

I have 5 things left to do on it before we turn it loose:
1. Wire up the AC kick input so the idle increases when the AC is on
2. Tighten up the steering column (feels like the two 15mm nuts under the dash are loose)
3. Pull the centering plunger out of the brake proportioning valve (forgot to take it out after bleeding the brakes)
4. Install the BIM module so the Terminator will talk to the gauges
5. Change the oil/filter and then inspect the filter to make sure all is well.

We will have it at LS Fest at Bowling Green in a couple weeks. Then it will go home to its new owner, if not sooner.

Bubba
Care to share the cam/stall & other changes made to the 6.2? It's nice to read through the things required to get these newer LS/LT motor swaps in & functional.

Much appreciated sharing the install logic & tasks to get things accomplished so far. Having stuff like this on the site as well as the members shared experiences can really help others out. Kudo's to you sir!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote